~~i want to be everything you dreamed when you called my name~~

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What do You Want from Me?!

I was spending some time with Jesus this morning, and was thinking about Cain and Abel (Genesis 4:1-16). Thinking about how the sacrifice that Abel made was beautiful to the Lord, yet the sacrific that Cain made was not. Beyond the simple reason that Abel's sacrifice was of his firstfruit, and Cain's was just what was leftover...I started understanding that Cain's offering represents every time that I know what God wants and yet I refuse to give it to Him. Oftentimes I quickly give Him other things, as if He won't notice...so I asked the Lord...

What is it that You want from me? What am I holding back, not giving to You? What is hindering me from living completely abandoned to You?

I picked up my pen to write a couple of thoughts down, and found myself scrawling this out...Now I journal some, but I always think through what I'm saying...never do I just write. And I found my hand scribbling across the page without warning...such beautiful words from my Lord! I wanted to share, because I think it's something that more than just me needs and desperately wants to hear from our Abba...

I WANT YOUR HEART. I WANT IT STEADFAST ON ME - SEEKING ME IN ALL THINGS. NOT JUST THE EASY THINGS. I WANT YOU TO FIND WHO YOU ARE IN ME - AND REST THERE. I WANT YOU TO SEEK ME ABOVE THE PLEASURES AND WASTING APPROVAL OF THIS WORLD. I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND HOW PRECIOUS YOU ARE TO ME. STACEY, MY LOVE, I DELIGHT IN YOU. DID YOU HEAR ME? I DELIGHT IN YOU!! LET THAT GRIP YOUR HEART. LET THAT DEFINE WHO YOU ARE. LET THAT BE WHAT CARVES OUT THE PATH OF YOUR DAY. I LOVE YOU, AND I KNOW THAT YOU SEEK ME PASSIONATELY - BUT NOW BELIEVE WHAT I TELL YOU TO BE TRUE. I PURSUE YOU. I DESIRE YOUR HEART. LET THAT BE WHAT YOU SEEK AFTER. SEEK MY APPROVAL. BE A CHILD OF ONE THING. OH MY PRECIOUS DAUGHTER - SEEK MY FACE, DWELL IN MY HOUSE, GAZE UPON MY BEAUTY...AND NEVER BE SATISFIED - ALWAYS SEEK MORE. AND TRUST THAT I WILL GIVE YOU MORE OF ME. LET ME SPEAK REVELATION UPON YOUR HEART AND SEAL IT WITH MY BLOOD. DON'T LET THE EVIL ONE OF THIS WORLD CONVINCE YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT WHERE I WANT YOU. I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE - SEEK ME, DWELL IN ME, GAZE UPON ME. I LOVE YOU MY SWEET, SWEET ONE. I LOVE YOU!!

No comments: